Metamaterials are artificial structures which can to give a large degree of control over EM radiation. Metamaterials possess unusual properties that not found in common materials, such as negative permeability and permittivity. Metamaterials can be implemented using periodic structures, made of conductors and dielectrics, with a period smaller than tenth of the wavelength. The form of the unit cell and its periodicity determine the material properties as a function of frequency.
Metamaterials, and other periodic structures, enable to design different devices in microwave frequency range with special performance and improve the performance of existing devices.
Through using of periodic structures EM Infinity could to provide various services, for example:
- Reduction of the mutual coupling between PCB antennas
- Miniaturization of antennas and microwave devices
- Design of planar lenses
- Symmetrical objects with enhanced monostatic radar cross section (RCS)
- Artificial magnetic conductor (AMC) for low-profile antennas
- Reduced monostatic RCS platforms
- Frequency selective surface (FSS) radomes
- Low-profile absorbing materials